Call for Coaches: HTML/CSS, Advanced JS and San Francisco

For the last few weeks, we’ve tried out Discourse to manage our communication more openly and accessible to the public. We are quite happy with it and are on the verge of getting some real things organized on now. As this testing happened the curtains until now, it is about time to make a first call for coaches. Or three to be precise: for a HTML/CSS workshop, an advanced Javascript workshop and generally to host a workshop in San Francisco.

HTML/CSS workshop

Since we’ve co-hosted the RailsGirls HTML-workshop for TOA the cry for a serious HTML/CSS got louder again. Luckily our dearest Giorgia already had material from hosting something similar at CampusParty last year that the new material is based on. And the basic structure is done, it still needs some more work in writing the specific parts and then setting up a first session. You can join (or follow) the conversation here: “Building an HTML/CSS Workshop”.

Advanced Javascript

Another thing we always wanted to take care but never got the time for is having an advanced Javascript workshop following our JS-FAB course. There are quite some ideas in the air, what this could cover or be about from just diving deeper into the same material over JS Frameworks up to running Javascript Server-Side. No decision has taken place yet but the interest is high to get something off the ground. So if you want to participate in the discussion and creation of such material, you can find the “Bulding - Advanced jsFAB Workshop” topic here.

San Francisco

Lastly I will be in San Francisco at the end of the month and my hosted from the lovely SF Embassy Network asked whether I’d be able to run one of the workshops there, too. And of course we can but we need more coaches. So if you are around or know a friend, who would be willing to volunteer the afternoon of Saturday, September 28th, to help beginners take their first steps into programming with either Python or Javascript, please join the conversation here and fill in said doodle.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://blog.opentechschool.org/2013/09/call-for-coaches-htmlcss-advanced-js-and-san-francisco.html