Discourse confusion. Is there a general overview on how we use it within OTS?

As a late adopter of discourse (goodbye mailing-list :cry: ) I do not really understand how things are done within it.
I read a few posts about the structure but they are all very specific. Is there a general overview on how we use it that I could read? Or could someone in Berlin explain it to me on an occasion? The next occasion would be December 2nd after the learnerā€™s meetup.

what exactly is the confusion, @nicolai? Itā€™s like a forum. you post if you have questions, can reply to othersā€™ questions, etc. Quite standard, really. If you post something somewhere and itā€™s in the wrong place, admin will generally move it to a more appropriate category. Is it that you think there are too many or too few categories? thatā€™s another topic of conversation thatā€™s been on-going. if you have suggestions in regard to category-- i think thereā€™s also a thread for that:)

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I get that it is a forum with a tag-structure. I overlooked the notification system where I can tell discourse to inform me about unread items. That confused me a lot. I think I understand it now.

Just one nit: Discourseā€™s default system is ā€œcategories,ā€ not tags. The important difference is that a post can only be sorted into exactly one category (unlike tags, where you could apply multiple of them.)

A collection of instruction manuals can also be found in the How-to category.