Stefan Wille and I are organizing a bi-weekly Co-Learning Day in Berlin. The model for this came from our experience during Hackership. We were inspired by all the things that we learned and the new perspectives we gained. But we also knew that we wouldn’t have the same environment at home, and we thought “Ugh, back to learning in isolation!” Coworking spaces and user groups don’t really make the difference for us.
So in talking about this, we found that we felt the same way, and came up with the idea of meeting up for continuous learning in a friendly group. Here’s the idea:
- Let’s meet every 2 weeks for 1 whole day.
- We meet in a place where we can sit together.
- We start with a coworking space. In the morning, we talk briefly about what we want to learn, so that small groups can form.
- We spend the day with self directed learning. We help each other in case we get stuck.
- Over coffee breaks and lunch there is opportunity to chat.
- In the evening we reserve 20 minutes for presentations, aka lightning talks. Anybody can talk about what the person thinks might be interesting to the others (this is different from Hackership).
- We want to invite participants and coaches from the Hackership batches, and other people who might fit the group - colleagues, friends.
- The aim is to create a friendly group with diverse skills and skill levels.
For the location we want to start with Supermarkt. Supermarkt (http://www.supermarkt-berlin.net/) is a fairly quiet coworking space in Mitte, close to U8 Bernauer Straße (location: http://www.supermarkt-berlin.net/de/kontakt/). The daily rate is 10€ including coffee and tea, and they said that they can give us an area to sit together.
So… any comments? Suggestions?
Please join us for our first session:
On Monday, 18.05.2015 at Supermarkt Berlin, Brunnenstraße 64, U8 / M10 Bernauer Straße Schedule: 10:00 Setup your notebook 10:15 In group: Announce what you want to learn during the day 10:25 Colearning 17:15 In group: Lightning talks 18:00 End of session
We are looking forward to see you there!
Stefan & Ethan