Here are the notes from last night:
New Elixir Meetup
Christoph (@defsprite) joined us to let us know, they want to organise an Elixir Co-Learning meetup. @mamhoff invited them to join for next weeks Ruby Co-Learning to see how such an event goes and take it from there. The group shared a lot of helpful info
Co-Up is facing a theft problem. They have vaults now and ask us to put the bills from the drink-bowls in there after every meetup.
- [ ] @ben: copy-paste email from co-up to discourse
- [ ] @mamhoff: get a spint
Refugees in Berlin
We have people from syria show up at colearnings but there isn’t anything specific planned at the moment. The reach-out kinda died down.
Update: there will be a workshop on the website very soon, the organisers will meet within the next three weeks. Side note: we have an OTS website contribution by a Web-Colearning-Participant. We need more copy-editing. Write issues regarding the website on github.
- [ ] @ben will send a PR for a code of conduct, based on the Berlin Code of Conduct (including a link to the coaches guideline)
Nodeschool Berlin & OTS Berlin joint-venture
Nodeschool Berlin & OTS joined the efforts in running the node school co-learning effort and Mar took over the FB Page for OTS.
Checkins from the meetup
- Learners-Meetup & Python are going well
- R will stop, lack of organisers
- Ruby is going well
- Web-Co-Learning going well, too
- Rust Co-Learning is going well, but the meetup is sending too many emails
We need people to write the newsletter. @anouk is interested in picking it up.
@defsprite offers to proof-read.
OTS Berlin is having a lot of meetups on a regular basis and people complain about that. @ben relays that meetup contact the group and offered to join multiple accounts into one ‘corporate’-ish account, which would allow us to also have multiple Berlin groups.
- [x] @mamhoff will organise next meeting: April 11th.
- [x] @ben reminding about action items