Report from Global Yearly Review Meeting 2015

One thing I tripped over repeatedly while re-reading the notes: "team tech is not very active, nobody [is] supporting us now."

I want to highlight Team Tech is a purely volunteer-driven effort as well, nobody is being paid or anything (quite the contrary, Ben is paying a whole lot out of his own pocket IIRC.) Ben is doing a tremendous job at keeping Discourse up and running, and AFAICT all other requests (new users, password resets, bounced emails) are being served by the team in a very timely fashion.

Furthermore, I think this team should be devoted to keeping our core infrastructure running, and nothing else. We probably would not want to grant admin privileges on our Google Apps to just everyone, so that’s why we have team.tech@ in the first place. :no_mouth:

That being said, our general rule applies: the doers have the say. If you want something done — and excuse my strong language here — just effin’ do it. The worse part is that I’m not even sure how you’re dissatisfied with team.tech@, and I couldn’t find any complaints voiced to the group in the past months.

The largest area of trouble I could identify is our Web site, and you can modify that whichever way you want. Pull requests have improved a lot lately in terms of latency; I would argue, though, that it’s not team.tech@'s responsibility at all to handle these, and Martin and Ellen have gratuitiously helped out. (And it’s also, by far and large, not the team’s task to improve the Web site.)

Sorry for my lengthy rant, just wanted to get this off my chest.

On the positive side: Maybe a potential list of OTS resources should point out team.tech@'s responsibilities more strongly.