Thanks for the great dinner! Here's the notes:
@anderspree, @Mar.High, @chiara, @xMartin, @kiyu_mars, @andreas, @niccokunzmann, @bastianalbers, @vicy
- NodeSchool.io is running something similar to Web Frontend Co-Learning once a month
- Everybody likes idea of colaborating
- Will integrate meetup.com events
- They will keep tito for RSVPs for now as they like the tickets, so we link to that from meetup.com. Looking for solution that makes RSVPs more reliable
@Mar.High volunteers for maintaining OTS facebook page
Collecting learning resources
We intend to collect online resources. Either one big page or separate for each language/topic
Website update (opentechschool.org)
Idea is to have a special event (maybe one Web Frontend Co-Learning night to make a hackathon for the web page with mentoring)
@vicy, @xMartin and @nicolai met Eva and Boris
- Refugees Emancipation is working on setting up internet cafes in shelters
- Boris is a refugee with a tech background helping with admin stuff
- We invited them to join Co-Learnings and spread the word about OTS
@vicy and @xMartin will catch up with them
@vicy wants to create flyers to advertise what OTS is offering
...is running fine. Looking for more coaches.
- Two long-term participants got jobs as developers
- Getting more people, small learning group is joining
- 3 new Dojos upcoming in Berlin (in addition to Potsdam)
- 5.3.2016 (5 March) event at E-Post, Coaches wanted
@niccokunzmann will post details on discourse
CoderDojo Potsdam, Hannover and Pforzheim are having a booth at Cebit and running workshops there. OpenTechSchool could join them.
Coder Dojo Potsdam will be at OpenTechSummit (Himmelfahrt) with workshops. OpenTechSchool could join them.
@bastianalbers still has 12 Laptops at home (not set up)
Lisa from ClojureBridge currently has 3 (might have a Linux)
@bastianalbers mentioned ideas about a mentoring program mainly targeted to female junior developers.
@bastianalbers is working on ReactJS workshop materials, welcoming help
...is doing good (next one this Wednesday)
Invite for organizers meetings via calendar
@chiara is gonna check with team tech how to do it with OTS Google apps
New topic for OTS "Shell Scripting"
@chiara would like to collect materials first, maybe developing in a workshop
@kiyu_mars has something to add here
Next meetup (14.3.)
@xMartin is organizing