May 9th OTS Berlin Organisers' Meeting

For a change, this meeting will take place somewhere in Prenzlauer Berg - location TBD.

Agenda items to be discussed:
[] Ruby Co-Learning in Potsdam (see thread)
[] Issues to present to the Community Call
[] OTS participation at OpenTechSummit
[] Arduino group at MakerStore
[] Follow up on mentoring program
[] Current situation on our laptops stored at co.up

Edit: booked at Chay Umi, Stargarder Str. 2, 10437, for 7pm. It’s just across around the corner from the Schönhauser Allee station. Name is “OpenTechSchool” or mine (Chiara Mezzavilla)

1 Like

Following up from an action item two month ago: We have a new scheme for meetup groups, which apparently allows us to have as many groups as we want without any further costs.

Which adds the question back to the agenda:

• should we split the berlin meetup group into sub-groups, to keep the mail traffic lower for each subgroup (brought up by the ‘Rust’ meetup).

Attendance poll added! Please take it, and possibly also reply to the thread :slight_smile:

@amelie, @anaketa, @andreas, @anouk, @Autarc, @bastianalbers, @ben, @bettina, @carlio, @charlotte, @Danila, @ellen, @ezmiller, @haiko, @kiyu_mars, @mamhoff, @Mar.High, @MisterRios, @netznarkose, @niccokunzmann, @nicolai, @rachel, @ramin, @roschaefer, @skade, @staeff, @starkcoffee, @stefanhoth, @vicy, @xMartin

I’m in. Poll doesn’t work for me.

Any idea how to fix it? :-S @xMartin @ben

I added a Doodle, since the poll is not working

Sorry for nagging, the poll didn’t work, so please answer the doodle asap!

@amelie, @anaketa, @andreas, @anouk, @Autarc, @bastianalbers, @ben, @bettina, @carlio, @charlotte, @Danila, @ellen, @ezmiller, @haiko, @kiyu_mars, @mamhoff, @Mar.High, @MisterRios, @netznarkose, @niccokunzmann, @nicolai, @rachel, @ramin, @roschaefer, @skade, @staeff, @starkcoffee, @stefanhoth, @vicy, @xMartin

http://doodle.com/poll/p25adtsa9wknqky9

Dunno, I thought the poll was only broken for me (firefox nightly does that sometimes). I upgraded Discourse to the latest version(s) now, hopefully that fixes things. I recommend always clicking the poll yourself after posting it to make sure it actually works :wink: .

Booked at Chay Umi, Stargarder Str. 2, 10437, for 7pm. It’s just across around the corner from the Schönhauser Allee station. Name is “OpenTechSchool” or mine (Chiara Mezzavilla)

2 Likes

Rubies in the Woods
Robert from Rubies in the Woods joined us.
We learned that this is actually run and funded by MIZ. We suggested him visiting the Ruby Co-Learning. We might also promote their course through our social media channels because they’re looking for more participants.

Mentor program
Nothing new happened

Laptops
It’s 6 devices now at Co.Up. Some progress with OS, not finished.

Learners Meetup
They’re thinking about moving the location to the Sound Cloud office because of the issues with the keys at Co.Up at the moment.

Meta
Only Chiara, Robert from the MIZ workshops in Potsdam and me showed up tonight even though 7 people said they would come. Not cool. How can we improve this?

Next dinner: 6 June, location to be decided. Looking for volunteers to organize.