originally i agreed to set up a meeting to discuss:
OTS branding and PR stuff:
1) the extra wording in OTS vs OTS supports
2) What determines whether you do something on your own vs. bring it up to the larger OTS community
for approval first
what about something like:
OpenTechSchool is a movement aiming to offer free tech education. As time has passed, our community has expanded. OpenTechSchool supports projects which have grown out of the OpenTechSchool movement, sharing the same goals and values but requiring a fee for participation. Currently, these organisations and events include: Hackership, School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe, OTSConf.
Projects supported by OTS follow this criteria:
1)is aligned with OTS values
2) includes a majority of the organisers who are involved in OTS organising
3) agrees that money earned over costs from these organisations goes back into OTS
4) must be approved by the foundation board which has final say on OTS support
other than this question:
does it cost/require money or funding?
what else would a group need to ask themselves in order to be obligated to bring it to their idea to the larger community first?
if we could work this issue out in the forum thats great but we can also skype this out if necessary.
i fear a doodle that has a million times and time-zones. but if you're interested let me know:)