Art Hack Day seeks participants & volunteers, Sept.26-28 at LEAP!

heya OTS community,

Art Hack Day is coming to Berlin! The art + hack will take place September 26-28 at LEAP in cooperation with transmediale.

We’re looking for OTS members interested in participating in the event, as well as those interested to Volunteer and lend a hand during the event.

Art Hack Day is a grassroots event for hackers whose medium is art and artists whose medium is tech. It’s taken place in NYC, SF and Stockholm previously. In Berlin, hacking begins Thursday evening September 26 and ends not with a demo of hacks but with an Exhibit and party open to the public on Saturday evening, Sept. 28.

The Berlin theme is  “Going Dark” - for inspiration think cloaking, concealing, jamming, polluting your path with fake data or searching for the part of yourself that is not ‘yet’ recordable. Some prior themes are, “Lethal software” or “God Mode”.

If you’re interested to know more, check out this video made at the NYC exhibit last year and some of the hacks from this year. Above all, ArtHackDay produces an creatively stimulating atmosphere and receives crazy press, Make Magazine, for example, calls it 'the annual event of wonder"!

Interested to participate? Sign up here: http://arthackdayberlin.eventbrite.com

Interested to help us out and volunteer? email us: rachel@opentechschool.org or Johan Uhle johan@freenerd.de.

We hope to see you there!

cheers,
Rachel

Hi Rachel,

That’s so awesome you’re organizing this! I signed up immediately.

I’ve been thinking a lot about planning obsolescence into my next web project, looking at examples of when should and / or do websites / products die. So this theme of ‘Going Dark’ really speaks to me.

See you there!
Bettina

1 Like