Call for Coaches: Introduction to Augmented Reality with Android

Good day, Team Berlin,

We are organising an Introduction to Augmented Reality-coding Workshop on the evening of April 24th (from 7h30) at Co-Up and we are looking for more coaches.

The lead coaches Miho and Simon will introduce Augmented Reality Android frameworks, concepts and ideas in this hands-on workshop. Therefore the target audience should have experience Coding Java, preferably even with Android, bring an recent Android-Device (Version 4+) and a working Android Development Environment on their laptops (Eclipse+SDK). After a few introductional ideas, the workshop will focus on getting your hands dirty using the free Metaio AR SDK.

The workshop has not been announced yet as we are looking for more coaches to assist Miho and Simon. You don’t need to be familiar with Metaio SDK but if you’ve experience and could help with Android Development and Setup that’d be great.

So sign up as a coach, just post a message here and we’ll keep you posted. If you have any other or further questions, feel free to state them here, too.

Sign me up!

1 Like

have you guys or anyone done a posting on the android coaches list? that could be a start!

While we’re talking about Augmented Reality, HTW (Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin) offered to host IT Labs Berlin in their CAVE (see German description) lab a while ago. I’m sure they’d be happy to host regular workshops as well.

1 Like

Yes, right after I posted here.

1 Like

FTR: announcement on coaches.android@.

Event has been scheduled and announced. More social media love tomorrow, RSVPs open Tuesday 6pm. We are still looking for coaches so we can host more people. Please let us know by posting here.

I pinged a few Android friends just now to make sure they didn’t miss it.

1 Like

Shall we do a prep meetup for coaches so we can get up to speed with the material/workshop?

I’ll be there from 7-ish today, prepping the place. We have 15 on the list right now, I never updated it because I wasn’t sure how many coaches we have actually, but there are another 8 on the waiting list we could add if we wanted to – as a free event we have expect for about third to not come anyways.