Html/Css with RailsGirls - 15/16March University Edition

Hey everyone,

here is some more logistical information about the workshop on Saturday from Ute from Rails Girls who is coordinating the coaches. :smile:

Dear lovely coaches,

First of all thank you that you want to help.
Here are the latest infos for our workshop on 15. & 16. 3. 2014.

We already have over 100 applications but unfortunately space for only 60 attendees.

1. Schedule / Arriving
    Saturday 15.3.:
    11-16:30 HTML&CSS Workshop (with lunchbreak)
    16:30 - 18:00 Rails Installation

​Find the complete plan here:
http://railsgirlsberlin.de/beginners-workshop-university-edition/
​If you can’t make it to the workshop, please tell us as soon as possible.
We have no “backup” capacities because of the conference in Wroclaw happening at the same weekend.​ So it`s very important for us to know who will come. :slight_smile:

​Location: Ort: Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Takustr. 9
14195 Berlin
yes, that`s Dahlem​ ^^

​2. Groups
We will form groups for the workshop. The group size will be 3 attendees per coach.​
​You will get a list of the groups before the workshop next week.

1. The rest
    There will be VoKü-Lunch on both days. Drinks will be provided by Rails Girls Berlin and the Fachschaft Informatik.
    My phone number for emergencies: 0163/2558242

If there are questions left, feel free to ask me.

All the best and see you on 15. &16.3. 2014

Ute

If you have any other questions, feel free to approach me here or contact Ute.

Cheers, Ellen

hi @Kaj no special instructions-- meetup begins at 7:30pm-- just come up to me and let me know you’re there:)

@rachel That is one task I should be able to complete successfully :wink:

Hallo,

this is Ute from Rails Girls Berlin.
happy to have this great workshop together with you. We will build the attendees groups tomorrow, so it would be great to have the names of the coaches who will teach on saturday. :frowning:
So please, go to this sheet:

and add your name on the list.

Thank you.

If you have questions, write me: ute@railsgirlsberlin.de

Count me in too for HTML5BUG on monday - would be great to meet you in person for a talk.

Sure will, I’ll be the one announcing the workshop - you can either join me or support me with some cheering :wink: enjoy the weekend!

Just got a question about the rails material:
Is it online somewhere so people can check it out?
What level of ruby mastery is required?

I’ll let them know, but some are really interested :smile:

Cheers

The Google Spreadsheet looks like you’ve got plenty of coaches now. Still looking for more? If so, I’m in.

Hey, i got a little more interest for coaching yesterday at up.front. So if there are any rails coaches who just signed up to help out on saturday but don’t really have time - we might get enough coaches for saturday. So everyone please continue putting your name up there or take it out again.

Hi Kaj,

the material is here: http://guides.railsgirls.com/app/

Since the workshop is targetting complete beginners as students, only basics of Rails are required. Anybody who feels comfotable with the materials could coach.

Cheers, Ellen

Just stumpled upon this on: http://mdo.github.io/code-guide/ -> Code Guide by @mdo
Standards for developing flexible, durable, and sustainable HTML and CSS.

Hi all, I’m going to be late tomorrow because unfortunately I have to go to the doctor in the morning. I’m hoping that I will make it by 11am. That’s my goal!

Update: The only doctor I found open on Saturday morning is quite far from FU and doesn’t open until 10. I will hurry my ass to the workshops when I’m finished. I don’t have a smartphone, so send me a text or call if you have questions: 017687733595.

p.s. so excited!!!